HOW TO hold meetings https://board.net/p/New_Human_Right_Movement_Comm_Protocol
TZM meeting [28 August 2019]
- Expected meeting duration: 1 hour
Link to all the MEETING NOTES and template to create new ones: https://board.net/p/New_Human_Rights_Movement_assembly_motherpad
NOTES FOR THE HOST
Read this https://etherpad.net/p/How_to_hold_TZM_and_NHRM_meetings
Here is one way how to do it:
- Before starting the recording ask people to write their progress reports on meeting notes. Read what other people have written and ask them to add to the agenda anything they want to talk about (if there is a lot on agenda already, there is no need for this step)
- Start the recording
- Welcome people and remind them to use the speakers queue and agenda if they want to talk about something
for example : Welcome to the the zeitgeist movement monthly wednesday meeting. It is 28 august 2019. Let's try to use speakers queue in the
meeting notes. We usually try to keep these recorded meetings around one hour but everyone if welcome to the after party. If there is people on the queue, please try to keep your turn short. Something like two minutes. Holding meetings is a group effort so please try to make sure people follow rules.
- Start going through the agenda
for example : First thing on our agenda is X. Who would like to tell us about it?
- When all the items in the agenda are done ask if there is anything important peope would like to talk on record.
- End the meeting.
for example : Thank you everybody for joining the meeting. Please stay for the afterparty if you have time. They tend to go on for hours.
- Stop recording
- Make sure you agree who will be hosting the next meeting. Please specify which weekday!
- later edit the recording and post it on archive.org. If you cannot edit it, find somebody who can do it.
AGENDA (OPEN FOR EVERYONE TO ADD TO UNTIL MEETING STARTS ON THE HOUR)
(each item should have a conculsion added to summary after 20 minutes )
ATENDEES (ADD YOUR NAME)
SPEAKERS CUE (EACH SPEAKER GETS 2 MIN) add your name to the bottom of the list, strike through when you have spoken
PROGRESS REPORTS (SUMMARIZE YOUR RECENT WORK)
GENERAL NOTES (minutes)
TASKS (ASSIGN NAME AND DUE DATE TO EACH TASK)
Producing next meeting (please specify which one):
+ Preparing notepad for next meeting and posting it with a call to the meeting in #devolpment-and-news:
Finishing the summary and posting these notes in #development_and_news:
permanent motherpad link, directory to all meetings notes and template to create new ones:
CHAT and OTHER COMMENTS
INTRODUCTIONS/RESUMÉS OF ATENDEES
Enter here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d2Z-nor6lfUA7Ztso3hO0OF6UThqnd92eY979VT0VI8/edit#
Everyone viewing or typing on this page sees the same text.
Create your own board and a (secret) name for it here: https://board.net This service is provided on fair-use with open source technology by fairkom.
Consider a donation in Euro or FairCoin https://www.fairkom.eu/en/donations for disk space and new features. Or try more open source cloud services at https://fairapps.net