HOW TO hold meetings https://etherpad.net/p/How_to_hold_TZM_and_NHRM_meetings
TZM meeting [enter date]
- Expected meeting duration: 1 hour
Link to all the MEETING NOTES and template to create new ones: https://board.net/p/New_Human_Rights_Movement_assembly_motherpad
AGENDA (OPEN FOR EVERYONE TO ADD TO UNTIL MEETING STARTS ON THE HOUR)
(each item should have a conculsion added to summary after 20 minutes )
- Changing the focus of TZM to be about content creation
As per PJ's email about how the movement needs content creators to be re-invigorated.
Issue: The movement has been waning. There's very few active members and it likely needs to do something different to survive.
Suggestion: Make The Zeitgeist Movement focused on content creation.
- Change the core focus of the movement.
- Create a #tzm_media (or #tzm_content_creation ?) Discord chatroom
- Update the website, Facebook and like to show the change in focus
- Develop content creation projects. There's already a few on the go (e.g TZM global and UK website updates, News widget, RBE / TZM short intro videos)
- We can then start running better tools and systems for content creators. From project management software (Zeitgeist.Earth will likely help with this) to cloud storage of content people can use, e.g TZM Graphics Archive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9y8kbZO5_vvfmlwOHprQllLczZlZmlLMlhXZmV1TUlxQjJIUG1qTnhQMlliblZQcE5pTHM
Associated content with the proposal:
Email from Peter Joseph:
- And just to be clear.
- Anyone upset over the lack of interest in TZM over the years will find that it has far less to do with organization and EVERYTHING to do with a total lack of content.
- So few people are giving talks, creating media and authoring articles on issues related to TZM mission - That's the problem.
- I find when people see the drag on TZM, they assume it is organization. It isn’t. It is a lack of drive to educate. If everyone focused on outputting content for the world to see, TZM would rise again.
- So keep that in mind. TZM biggest problem is a lack of people willing to create/research new media and speak. I can only do so much. Chapters are really irrelevent when compared to the power of good educators in the long run.
- I recently took a day to create a critque of Jordan B Peterson and his poor views. This simple video has gotten 25,000 views in just 3 days, sparking vast conversation. THIS is what everyone should be thinking about/doing… not going to meetings or debating the internals of TZM
2. TZM Website Project
The global TZM Website needs an overhaul.
Firstly is the content. The home page and onwards.
3. Next TZM Global Newsletter
We've started trying to add content to the next TZM newsletter. You can add your suggested content here:
ATENDEES (ADD YOUR NAME)
- Michael Kubler
- Mark Enoch
- James B.
- Michael Mauser
- David Dann
SPEAKERS CUE (EACH SPEAKER GETS 2 MIN) add your name to the bottom of the list, strike through when you have spoken
PROGRESS REPORTS (SUMMARIZE YOUR RECENT WORK)
Mark went to the New Economy and Social Innovations event with Colin Turner (Free World Charter) and met some great people and they were interested in the TZM train of thought.
David talked about the TZM London Zday event which went well
Michal Mauser: Still working on the new database model for RBE simulation.
Thaidaree: Still working on cleaning up the Discord Bot.
James b. continuing to develop "Baby Boomer" video series. Currently writing scripts for episodes, gathering sources for video elements to use in the series. Putting TZM Trilogy & Peter's NHRM audio book on flash drive to distribute.
GENERAL NOTES (minutes)
- Thaidaree said "The change of focus to being about creating content is about acquisition and retention. Two strategies. to get new people and to keep the old ones. so to speak, introduction articles are as valuable as advanced topics consuming vs creating (people consume the content more than create. even on the official facebook the links are shared mostly, but those links have to be written by someone) not getting people TO write, but getting people WHO write (I think that was Peter's strategy as well, getting the word out through the journalists or something) (and offer them cross posting to increase their reach and eventually offer the tzm community something to read) that's why I mentioned the crossposting and content aggregation before in the end get anything that can keep the community together
- I'm considering making a programming video series explaining inner workings of the RBE simulation I'm working on. Unfortunately I have very low experience with making videos."
- We agreed that ONE of the main focuses of TZM is content creation, and we will encourage people to do so by facilitating their work in #tzm_media_projects and also appreciating their work by helping to disseminate it.
- The Website project is underway but slow and needs some help with people reviewing the existing content.
- The next TZM Newsletter is lower priority than working on the website. There's nothing time critical to promote right now.
TASKS (ASSIGN NAME AND DUE DATE TO EACH TASK)
- Rename the #media_projects to #tzm_media_projects Discord channel and add a description "People creating content with the TZM train of thought." - Michael has completed this
- Continue working on the Website project - Michael
- Find any new information for the next Newsletter - Michael
- Posting this meetings notes in the news-and-devolpment channel: Mark
- Taking responsability for next Saturday meeting: Mark
permanent motherpad link, directory to all meetings notes and template to create new ones:
CHAT and OTHER COMMENTS
INTRODUCTIONS/RESUMÉS OF ATENDEES
Enter here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d2Z-nor6lfUA7Ztso3hO0OF6UThqnd92eY979VT0VI8/edit#